Hi, my Name is Betsy Tweedie. I work in the
Gilmours Call Centre for Foodstuffs North Island.
I will be shaving my hair off at work on March 23rd to raise funds for NZ Breast Cancer.
We all know or have been touched by someone who has befallen this heart-breaking disease. I myself have had a couple of surgeries after being diagnosed with a non-invasive cancer.
- Around 3,000 New Zealand Women and 20 men are diagnosed every year. One in nine women will get breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The risk of breast cancer increase as women age. Around 70% of all cases occur in women over 50 years.
- Maori and Pacific women are at greater risk of dying of breast cancer than New Zealand women. Maori have a 65% high mortality rate from breast cancer than non-Maori.
- Around 600 New Zealand women die from breast cancer each year.
- Eight women will potentially find out today that they have breast cancer.
Please get behind me and donate.
Any amount will be muchly appreciated and I’ll keep this link updated with some during and after pics..